Re: errors during recent dist-upgrades

On Tue, Nov 09, 1999 at 11:05:01PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> That explains everything - wordnet and wordnet-base have a cyclic
> dependency - dpkg will ignore that only if they are both configured at the
> same time, for cyclic depends APT doesn't do that [I don't see how given
> the command line length issues]

APT does not do what?  You aren't making much sense to me.

Assuming both are unpacked, a simple dpkg --configure -a will configure
both.  Or a simple dpkg --configure wordnet wordnet-base.  Neither is
a long command line.  And I believe depend loops are seldom longer than
a couple packages.

> These are bugs in wordnet that results in a screwball error message..

I don't see any bug reports against wordnet.  What kind of bugs are you
talking about?

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)