Re: errors during recent dist-upgrades

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999, Keith Harbaugh wrote:

> ============================== rather large snip ===========================
>
> dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of wordnet-base:
>  wordnet-base depends on wordnet; however:
>   Package wordnet is not configured yet.
> dpkg: error processing wordnet-base (--configure):
>  dependency problems - leaving unconfigured

>  wordnet-base

That explains everything - wordnet and wordnet-base have a cyclic
dependency - dpkg will ignore that only if they are both configured at the
same time, for cyclic depends APT doesn't do that [I don't see how given
the command line length issues]

These are bugs in wordnet that results in a screwball error message..

Jason