Re: [ANNOUNCE] experiemental dpkg available

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 10:21:10PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> Unfortunately current source archives cannot be converted because
> signatures are applied to the compressed archives and not their data
> :< IMHO we should move to getting widespread bz2 use for source
> archives ASAP, it will help slow archive growth [11.1G today!]

All that means is that someone who is not the package maintainer would
have to sign converted packages.  We already do something like this for
cross-compiles.  It's plausible to consider doing it for the main archive.

Then again, the mechanisms need a bit of testing before we think about
converting (and that's independent of who signs the packages).

--
Raul