Re: dpkg-deb with translated field names

On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 06:47:20PM +0200, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > hurd-i386 is not a processor.
>
> This is English-Polish incompatibility
> 'Architektura' in Polish is used as a mashine type
> only by ones speaking English more often than Polish.
> No matter what word will be used I think 'Architektura' is bad

Well, anyway you must find something that does reflect the architectuer as a
whole.

That the architecture equals the processor is not any more true, and leads
to confusion when writing rules script (see the packaging manual, the text
about dpkg-architecture).

Alas I don't speak Polish, so I can't help you with this. I could ask around
in university, maybe some friends in the linguistic faculty can help.

Thanks,
Marcus