dpkg --reconfigure

Hello,

I am not very knowledgable about the internals of the package management
system - but I was interested in asking if the following feature is
possible to integrate into dpkg:  Having  .deb files contain a
'reconfigure' script which can be installed somewhere when installing
the .deb.  Then allowing dpkg --reconfigure to run it - which can
provide a simple interface to configuring most things - and getting
installation questions asked again, without having to know the
configuring programs yourself..  The 'reconfigure' program in the .deb
could be a symlink to a configuring program, or a script, or a binary,
whatever necessary.

Thanks,
    lotem@netivision.net.il