Re: New User having Problems with dselect

On Fri, Aug 13, 1999 at 07:14:41PM +1000, Vaughn J Lujan wrote:
> system, and after rebooting, tried to install updated binaries using
> dselect,apt from the unstable-main archive.

You should not use unstable unless you are willing and able to handle
major breakage.

Your problem seems to be related to the bash/readline problem that breaks
any slink->potato upgrade at this point.  I suggest you wait until it
is fixed.

   "... memory leaks are quite acceptable in many applications ..."
    (Bjarne Stroustrup, The Design and Evolution of C++, page 220)