Re: unclear release-notes section

On 14.08.21 19:57, Justin B Rye wrote:
Paul Gevers wrote:
On IRC there was a remark about our security archive section. It
currently reads:

	For bullseye, the security suite is now named
	<literal>bullseye-security</literal> instead of
	<literal>buster/updates</literal> and users should adapt their
	APT source-list files accordingly when upgrading.

The readers were expecting to read bullseye/updates. Several proposals
came up:

1) "as would have been used for previous releases" or something

Well, buster/updates isn't what *would* have been used, it's what
*was* used, and *other* previous releases used that format but not
that exact string.  Maybe

   	For bullseye, the security suite is named
   	<literal>bullseye-security</literal> (not
  	<literal>bullseye/updates</literal>, the format used in
	previous releases), and users should adapt their

2) "For bullseye, the security suite is named bullseye-security. This
changed from the previous release which used buster/updates."

I'd use "has changed".  It might be worth using a "variable" to
emphasise that we're talking about a change in format:

         For bullseye, the security suite is named
         <literal>bullseye-security</literal>. This is a change from
	previous releases which used the format
	<literal><replaceable>releasename</replaceable>/updates</literal>."

3) bullseye/updates.

For that to work I'd also want to at least drop the "now", to avoid
saying that bullseye formerly used bullseye/updates.
or leave as-is (best for translations).

It reads fine by me, but I've seen it too often the last couple of days.
What do you think?

I'm not sure either.

What's about this version:

Users have to adapt...