Re: Move of DDP SVN repository to Salsa?

Hi!

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 02:18:17 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 03:26:26PM +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
> > Is anyone currently working on moving the entire DDP SVN repository from Alioth
> > to Salsa?
>
> Not me.  But I am working on similar things so here is my thought.

This already happened, see the other mails in the thread you are
replying to and
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2018/05/msg00003.html>. :)

> > It appears the tasks listed below are still outstanding, I can work on these or
> > split the work with others. Any volunteers?
> >
> > Please feel free to add to the list below of tasks. If there are people who can
> > help with the list below maybe we should first put it in the Wiki to
> > coordinate.
> >
> > Tasks to do
> > ----------------
> >
> > To move DDP to Salsa, the following needs to be done:
> >
> > - Create a project in Salsa [ DONE - https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp
>
> I see you created ddp "project" under Debian group.
>
> But many other teams with many projects under a group create their own
> purpose "group".
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/dashboard/groups has many "group"s.
>     https://salsa.debian.org/debian-ayatana-team
>     https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team
>
> I thought we create debian-documentation-team here is the right way.

There's already a group project:

  https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/

with the converted repo from svn to git.

Although ISTR some of the repos went into the debian namespace, I
think someone proposed moving them back in, but maybe I'm mixing up
things.

> > - Migrate Alioth DDP SVN to Salsa Git
>
> Although we can make a project (=repo) under debian group and add
> debian-documentation-team as a member for each project, creating
> projects (=repo) under debian-documentation-team group may be better in
> future.  We need to add debian group as a member for each project.
>
> Similar situation is described here:
>
>   https://lists.debian.org/debian-input-method/2018/07/msg00025.html

Already done. :)

> > - Change www-master.debian.org  for it to update from Salsa's GIT repository
> > instead of Alioth's SVN (requires DA support)
>
> We need to update cron script.  Now that is on salsa.

Right.

> > - Update the Website (more specifically https://www.debian.org/doc/) to point
> > to the new location of the repository in all the different pages (https://
> > www.debian.org/doc/cvs, but also in the description of the different manuals)
> > - Update the Wiki - mainly https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DDP, but also links to
> > repository in other pages (such as https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseNotes)
> > - Change and upload the different documentation packages to update the VCS URL
> > (at least debian-faq and debian-doc)

I've now updated the https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DDP page, and I've
got locally the updates for the www.debian.org/doc/ changes, need some
clarififcation from the webmasters team, but otherwise will push this
out later today.

Thanks,
Guillem