Re: Move of DDP SVN repository to Salsa?

On 11 May 2018 at 21:35, Marcos Fouces <marcos.fouces@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

I've done some work on git migration. I started dumping the full svn repo in order to check the full content [1]. I also mapped svn user with their name and email. So there should be no problem in doing smoothly the rest of the migration.

Great Marcos, thanks for working on this. You should have access to the project now and can import the DDP repository there.

Now, what's your opinion? (Please bear with me :-))

My suggestion is we approach this in several steps:

1) We move all the SVN "as is" into GIT with its history.

2) Those documents that are no longer maintained (or out dated) should be marked as such in their own repository (and excluded from the Makefile if not already done). We also have to make sure that the changes to a document status is reflected in www.debian.org (so that the repository does not mark it as "obsolete" and is marked in the website as "maintained")

3) Those documents which want to have a separate repository are then moved to the Attic and removed from the repository. I guess we can move them all to the DDP-team group that was recently created: https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team (and now has the refcard)

Best regards,

Javier