Re: debian-www / debian-doc teams no longer responsive [Was: Re: Bad release in install documentation]

Hi Holger,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 07:06:54PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-doc-20160307-1@mdcc.cx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 10:06:36AM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > > Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-doc-20160307-1@mdcc.cx> wrote:
> > > 1.
> > > I'm trying to get in contact with Osamu since some time, but I get
> > > no response.
> > > See https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2015/10/msg00114.html
> > > and follow-ups for example
> > > (hmm, Osamu moved from his parents home some time ago, ... )
> >
> > No action from debian-doc is required there, right?  (I am sorry, I can only
> > help with debian-doc stuff.)
>
> I'm sometimes unsure about the exact circumstances...

So that's about https://bugs.debian.org/803541 .

Osamu wrote: "Bug me if I do not fix this in a month or so."  Please ping him
again.  If it's not debian-www's issue, the bug will get re-assigned to the
right package/people.

> > > 2.
> > > Several months ago I submitted #788361 against debian-faq, but nothing
> > > happened yet. I have offered to work on that myself, but got no answer
> > > from Javier.
> > > See https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2016/02/msg00001.html
> > > (ok, I know Javier is busy ATM).
> >
> > I believe you're involved in debian faq and other debian documents for quite a
> > while now, yes?  Do you have SVN commit access on the debian faq repo?  (I
> > believe you should.)
>
> I have commit access! So I could do the job myself, and I already have
> proposed to do so.
> And I asked for a confirmation, if it's ok for to do that, and/or if some
> additional action is wanted for this, like providing patches before committing
> etc.
> But I got no answer yet ...

Well, as I said, in https://bugs.debian.org/788361 Javier wrote: "I will
review".  Just ping him about it again.

Supplying patches won't harm.  Just do it.

> > I recently started doing some work on debian faq; if Javier doesn't get to it
> > soonish (he said he would), I'll deal with that one.  Thanks a lot for the
> > patch, btw!

BTW, in general I feel if you have commit access and some ideas for
improvements: please do go ahead & just commit it.  In case somebody finds it's
not good, it can always get reverted.  In wikipedia-country it's called "Be
Bold": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Be_bold .  I feel in Debian it's
just the same.

I only now see your 2 messages in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2016/02/msg00001.html ; I missed them at
the time.  I am sorry about that.

So, about #788361 : just ping Javier again (Cc-ed.)

<snip>
> > You can help; actually, you're already doing it :)
>
> Indeed. And I would like to do more, to make more progress, but that's
> mostly not easy.

I can only repeat: Be Bold :)

Thanks for your interest & work,

Bye,

Joost

--
Are Linux users lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?       --Matt Welsh