Re: debian-www / debian-doc teams no longer responsive [Was: Re: Bad release in install documentation]

Hi Holger,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 10:06:36AM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Joost van Baal-Ilić <joostvb-debian-doc-20160307-1@mdcc.cx> wrote:
> >
> > [dropping some CC's]
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 10:33:15AM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > >
> > > As said above, [...] debian-doc seem not very responsive ATM ...
> >
> > What exactly is needed from debian-doc?  I don't have time to read this whole
> > thread now.  However, if something specific is needed, I (debian-doc member)
> > might be able to help.
>
> To be honest, I have mixed up several things into one line :-)
> due to frustration.
>
> 1.
> I'm trying to get in contact with Osamu since some time, but I get
> no response.
> See https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2015/10/msg00114.html
> and follow-ups for example
> (hmm, Osamu moved from his parents home some time ago, ... )

No action from debian-doc is required there, right?  (I am sorry, I can only
help with debian-doc stuff.)

> 2.
> Several months ago I submitted #788361 against debian-faq, but nothing
> happened yet. I have offered to work on that myself, but got no answer
> from Javier.
> See https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2016/02/msg00001.html
> (ok, I know Javier is busy ATM).

I believe you're involved in debian faq and other debian documents for quite a
while now, yes?  Do you have SVN commit access on the debian faq repo?  (I
believe you should.)

I recently started doing some work on debian faq; if Javier doesn't get to it
soonish (he said he would), I'll deal with that one.  Thanks a lot for the
patch, btw!

> 3.
> the problem with installation manual, Laura has worked on yesterday.

She's subscribed to debian-doc, right?

> 4.
> there were some more small things, which came to my attention
> (debian-refcard could benefit from an upload, open bugreports with
> patches etc. )

Have the patches been committed to VC?

> There are several things, lasting to long IMO...

The debian-doc project is not the only place in Debian with this problem.
You can help; actually, you're already doing it :)

Thanks, Bye,

Joost

--
You need to be aware that this is a gruntwork position. You won't be deciding
release policy, and this isn't an opportunity to advance any existing opinions