Re: update privileges request

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 09:21:09PM +0100, myr wrote:
> Dear Debian-doc admin,
>
> I'm contributing to edit unnecessarily gender-specific language on the
> website and wiki, as it was recently proposed on the debian-women
> mailing list.

OK.

> I have already edited 2 pages of the debian-faq and submitted them as
> bug reports + patches (<754740@bugs.debian.org> and
> <754741@bugs.debian.org> ).
> I'd like to get my 2 new files under version control to obtain the
> actual diff.

I see.  Did you follow up with David's point?

Wikipedia article has "Proposed alternatives to the generic he include
he or she (or she or he), s/he, or the use of singular they.  Each of
these alternatives has met with objections."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_neutrality_in_English

> Alioth login name: iammyr-guest

Official rule is "Please click right bottom of the
 https://alioth.debian.org/projects/ddp/
to request to join as described in
 https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DDP
" but I added you :-)

If you are to commit subversion repo for debian-faq, please cordinate
with javi <jfs@debian.org>.

Also, please get consensus with other stake holders what expression to
use across Debian.  Inconsistent changes and frequent revertings will
drain translation team resources without gain.  For many non-european
languages, this gender-expression change breaks translationi but just
needs unfuzzy since translation is the same.

If GNU/GNOME/... or any other Free Software organization established
their uideline, declaring to follow it is good idea.

Osamu