Re: update privileges request

On Sun, 13 Jul 2014 21:21:09 +0100
myr wrote:

first, no need to get write permission to update only a few files.

> I have already edited 2 pages of the debian-faq and submitted them as
> bug reports + patches (<754740@bugs.debian.org> and
> <754741@bugs.debian.org> ).

actually, there are no "patches" attached :p

> I'd like to get my 2 new files under version control to obtain the
> actual diff.

actual diff can be obtain in several ways:
  use svn to fetch the sources,
   read https://www.debian.org/doc/cvs for the instructions.
  save a copy and keep its copies to compare as the base,
   then edit one of it, you can compare its base file and updated one.
   note that you can keep it using your favorite vcs on your own pc.
 above 2 ways do not need any write permission to the repos.

these are some of what contributors do for contribution in various places.

--
victory
no need to CC me :-)