Re: restart gnome on squeeze2wheezy upgrades?

On Mi, 01 mai 13, 18:38:13, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Thu, May  2, 2013 at 01:34:03 +0900, victory wrote:
>
> > as you know, the problem of lacking of "call for translations" is,
> > some less-man-power teams that want sync for release and waiting
> > for the call, will lost the chance to sync before release :(
> >
> That's not a problem of lacking of "call for translation", it's a
> problem of "we're struggling to get the english version in shape for the
> release".  A call for translation wouldn't get things synced for the
> release if the english version is still getting major changes...

Translators familiar with the release notes are familiar with this and
they will know how to spend their resources. There is already a lot of
new material to translate, that will not be changing much.

I think a "soft" call for translations would be very important. Here is
suggested wording:

---

Hey Release Notes Translators,

While the Release Notes are not frozen yet, the target release date is
approaching fast. You might want to start working on paragraphs that
have been added or gathering your troops for a last minute sprint.

Watch this space for more updates!

---

Kind regards,
Andrei