Re: New Maintainers Guide

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 02:16:32PM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 10:43:02PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> > If someone is working on a new version, that's fine, I just want to see
> > one newer than 15 months.
>
> It's in DDP SVN,
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/maint-guide/maint-guide.sgml?op=log&rev=0&sc=0&isdir=0
>
> You know how to commit fixes? :)

Yah,  but he needs to have write acess.  I gave that now :-)

Craig, please subscribe to this list if you have not.

Since this is tutorial document for people to make easy to understands
packaging for novice.

* debhelper usage should be more modern and use as simple as possible.

This means use debian/<packagename>.install and friends as much as
possible.  rules.tiny should make things easy.

It will be nice for some guide for the native package builder how to
make Makefile at the root of package.

Osamu