Re: New Maintainers Guide

Hi Craig,

Basically, you are welcome... see below.

On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 10:43:02PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> Hello,
> I checked and the website has the second-most-recent version, but it
> really needs an overhaul.

Both of us are quite aware of needs to update maint-guide but have hard
time find time for it.   We just discussed needs for its updates and I
told Joy I really do not have enough time for that at this moment.

If you see BTS or this mailing list archive for last few month, it is
recorded somewhere.

Joy may have done some work since then but your contribution is most
welcome.  With new dh syntax, wider use of cdbs, deprecated dpatch,
quilt move to dpkg etc., secure apt, ... there are so many to update.

FYI: I have covered creating secure APT archive in Debian reference
using premitive tools.
 http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_small_public_package_archive

Osamu

PS: I am mostly spending time to update debian-reference which moved to
XML.