Re: repository-howto --> Obsoleted

On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:21:00 +0900
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 10:25:33AM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > >
> > > No.
> >
> > Sorry, not sure what this no is directed at. Both parts of the
> > question?
>
> OOps.
>
> It is used to generate packages/sources/contents lists only.
> It does not /move/.

Which brings us back to the first point. [1] states
  "apt-ftparchive is used to move a collection of Debian package
files ...".
But it _does_ _not_ move anything! It generates files. it doesn't
_move_ them.

[1]
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.en.html#pools

> > > "move" is part of "convienience" :-)
> >

> > Soooo... does apt-ftparchive move packages?
>
> No.  dupload does.  In real debian archive, DAK does, I think.

This is my understanding too (Having downloaded dak and started reading
its doco).

> http://wiki.debian.org/HowToSetupADebianRepository
>
> I just find this with google.
>
> Osamu

Thanks for working through this with me,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au