Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 10:09:49AM +0100, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > Javier (F-S P) also said:
> >
> > > Clytie, the release notes content has not changed *that* much between
> > > releases. If you want me to help you up and update the Vietnamese PO
> > > files with the original content (to speed up the translation) please
> > > let me know.
> >
> > Thanks for the offer, Javier. I had decided to review the whole
> > release-notes translation anyway, so I'll try to do these files from
> > scratch first.
>
> It is very long doing this way (tags changed and so on..).

Tags can be easily replaced (even using regexps) from SGML to Docbook-XML.
These are the notes I took while doing it for Spanish:

SGML tag --> Docbook-XML tag
file     --> filename
prgn     --> command
em       --> emphasis
tt       --> literal
ref id   --> xref linkend
url id   --> ulink url
var      --> replaceable
package   -> systemitem role="package"> </systemitem>

True, some tags have attributes which change, but the global substitution is
doable for many of those.

Clytie, feel free to poke me (out of the list) if you need help.

Regards

Javier