Re: release notes and msgid-previous (was: Re: (forw) Release update: deep freeze, planned dates, and remaining bugs

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 05:35:29PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> [To: Deb18n, debian-doc]
> [...]
> What's our deadline for completing the release-notes translation?

14th February at last, see
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/02/msg00000.html

> If anyone has the time, please start using msgid-previous with this and
> other doc translations. :)

It has been discussed already on debian-doc :

In release-notes/Makefile, search for UPDATEPO and select the call to
po4a --previous.
It is disabled by default because the po4a version running on etch
doesn't have this feature.
If you are running a recent po4a, you will be able to update your own po
files using --previous :
make LINGUA=vi updatepo

> Javier (F-S P) also said:
>
> > Clytie, the release notes content has not changed *that* much between
> > releases. If you want me to help you up and update the Vietnamese PO
> > files with the original content (to speed up the translation) please
> > let me know.
>
> Thanks for the offer, Javier. I had decided to review the whole
> release-notes translation anyway, so I'll try to do these files from
> scratch first.

It is very long doing this way (tags changed and so on..).

--
Simon Paillard