Re: Possible English language issues with Etch Release Notes

On Sun,25.Jan.09, 22:42:59, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2009-01-25 23:00, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On updating the Romanian translation I found following wordings, that
> > seem... strange:
>
> Yes. I'm not a native speaker neither, however.

Maybe I should have included my suggestions

> > ...but that when you check
>
> ...but if you check... ?

...but when you check... ?

> > ...make sure OSS modules unloaded
>
> The whole sentence is difficult. I suggest:
>
> ...make sure, that the sound levels are up and unmuted, that arts or
> esound are not running, that the OSS modules are unloaded, and the
> speakers are actually switched on. Check...

...make sure OSS modules are unloaded

would have been enough, but it doesn't matter.

> > not default support for unicode in emacs21*
>
> That is already changed to: "No default support for Unicode in
> emacs21*". Better?

Sure

> > In case you correct these please also unfuzzy Romanian (unless you make
> > major changes of course).
>
> In case of ALSA vs. OSS I would change the sentence, indeed.

But still no major change in meaning. I will unfuzzy that myself.

> I will do the changes now. Please protest now :~)

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)