Re: Error building lenny release notes

	Hi!

* Simon Paillard <simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr> [2008-12-06 17:31:34 CET]:
> (Add debian-doc in CC:)
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 11:00:10PM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> > The last build of the lenny release notes generated the following error:
> > > (xmlroff:19880): GnomePrint-CRITICAL **: gnome_rfont_get_glyph_stdadvance: assertion `glyph < GRF_NUM_GLYPHS (rfont)' failed
> > > *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x0a499448 ***
> > > /bin/sh: line 5: 19880 Aborted                 xmlroff --backend gp -o zh_TW/release-notes.sparc.pdf zh_TW/release-notes.sparc.fo
> > > make[2]: *** [zh_TW/release-notes.sparc.pdf] Error 134
> > > make[2]: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny'
> > > make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> > > make[1]: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny'
> > > make: *** [publish] Error 2
> > > make: Leaving directory `/org/www.debian.org/release-notes/lenny'
> >
> > Anyone know what to make of this?
>
> Did any previous build succeed ?
> Because I can't see the build result on the website.

 Propably not indeed.

> We should disable zh_TW the time appropriate fix is done, that would
> allow other languages to be published on the website.

 Not only other languages, it wouldn't make the cron run hang. Currently
I see as only posibility to disable the building of the release-notes
all together. I found four hanging cron jobs that all did hang in
"xmlroff --backend gp -o zh_TW/release-notes.sparc.pdf zh_TW/release-notes.sparc.fo"
and didn't finish even after days.

 Sorry, the rest of the build didn't succeed because of this issue so I
currently don't see a different approach than to disable it.

 Feel free to bug me to enable it again if you feel confident that the
problem has been fixed or you have an idea what's needed.

 Thanks,
Rhonda