Re: Debian FAQ, translation infrastructure, please review

Hi Johan!

Op Wed 24 Sep 2008 om 09:59:10 +0200 schreef Johan Haggi:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 08:13:16AM (GMT+0200), Joost van Baal wrote:
> > [...]
> > I'd like to especially ask the
> >  zh_CN, it
> > translators for updates
>
> Hi,
> I and other members of debian-l10n-italian are working on Italian
> updates.

Has the work actually started?  Has work been done on the "old" branch?
(That's the files

 debian-faq/it/basic_defs.sgml
 debian-faq/it/compat.sgml
 debian-faq/it/contrib.sgml
 debian-faq/it/customizing.sgml
 debian-faq/it/debian-faq.sgml
 debian-faq/it/faqinfo.sgml
 debian-faq/it/ftparchives.sgml
 debian-faq/it/getting.sgml
 debian-faq/it/kernel.sgml
 debian-faq/it/nexttime.sgml
 debian-faq/it/pkg_basics.sgml
 debian-faq/it/pkgtools.sgml
 debian-faq/it/redist.sgml
 debian-faq/it/software.sgml
 debian-faq/it/support.sgml
 debian-faq/it/uptodate.sgml

in svn.debian.org/ddp/manuals/trunk.)  If so, just mail me the updated
files.

> > (if we don't get any reply within a reasonable
> > timeframe, I'll remove those packages). [...]
> > [...]
>
> what is the "reasonable timeframe"?

Hrm, say, 2 months, _after_ I've sent a request of translation updates
to the zh_CN and it translators.

> Other questions:
>
> We don't have write-access on svn; who can does the commits for us?

I can.

>  From the header of a po:
>
> Many strings are traslated for other person, but in the po there isn't
> their names. Where are available the names of old italian traslators?

> is there a value for this header?

Some .po expert can answer these questions.  There's a lot of
information about .po on the www too, btw.

Thanks!  Ciao,

Joost

--
irc:joostvb@{OFTC,freenode} ∙ http://mdcc.cx/http://ad1810.com/