Re: debiandoc-sgml and UTF-8,... how to get it instaled to gluck

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 12:04:54AM +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> We make document package based on sid.
> We make document web presentation based on stable+bpo.
>
> What we need is chrooted sid system which build documentation. (Just
> like autobuilder for porting)  Document build process can run under user
> account in chroot which is safer.  Then locally rsync to web server
> (stable) system for general access.

I agree about the problem, but suggest another solution: Why not
simply install the documentation package (.deb) on our
webserver? (And maybe add some link/copy logic to get the
location right.) Why have a separate documentation build anyway,
if we package it? If installing unstable documentation packages
is not acceptable on stable servers, we could at least use the
unstable .deb archives and unpack in the right location.

On a side note: chroot is *not* a security feature!