Re: debiandoc-sgml and UTF-8,... how to get it instaled to gluck

Hi,

On Sun, 01 Jun 2008, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> I think it is quite usable with the testing version 1.2.9.
> The 1.2.9 should work in stable since no special feature is used.
>
> I have uploaded debian-reference (non-English) using it in UTF-8.  (The
> English version is now build from XML which is originally in
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReference/).
>
> In order for me to commit my local git repo contents to DDP Subverson
> repo at aloioth, I need the DDP build machine to have few things:
>
>  * Install debiandoc-sgml from testing by "dpkg -i ...".
>  * Make en_US.UTF-8 available. (Probably, you have.)
>  * XML capability (I guess you already have...)
>
> How can I do it?  How to request such work to rt.debian.org?

Just mail admin@rt.debian.org with "Debian RT" somewhere in the subject.
See http://wiki.debian.org/rt.debian.org and
http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DSA/RTUsage in particular.

But you'll have to upload the required packages in backports.org as DSA
doesn't like to fetch packages from lenny directly, see for example:
https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=493
https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=545

We still have quite a few documents that do not build on etch due
to too old versions of the packages IIRC.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog