Re: Desktop upgrade strategy - new procedure 'C'

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Frans Pop wrote:
> > - aptitude dist-upgrade
>
> Note that AFAICT --with-recommends is not honored with an 'aptitude
> dist-upgrade' - it will still list the same packages as "recommended but
> will not be installed". No idea why.

AFAIK, aptitude doesn't respect new recommends of packages already
installed.

You install a package in version 1.0, this version has no Recommends. You
upgrade to version 2.0, this version has recommends but they are not
automatically installed.

I think that's what you're seeing here. I don't know a way to fix that
except by manually selecting the package ("+ <pkg>" in the command line
at the confirmation prompt).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog