Re: Please commit Japanese translation updates of Etch Release Notes

Hi Jens,

From: Jens Seidel
Subject: Re: Please commit Japanese translation updates of Etch Release Notes
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:21:39 +0100

> On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 11:58:48AM +0900, Kobayashi Noritada wrote:
> > Here attached Japanese translation updates of Etch Release Notes.
> > Each of upto1.107/[1-7] in the tarball contains a modified file and a
> > commit log file named "log".  Could you please commit these changes
> > separately?
>
> I committed these, thanks. I'm afraid that I probably forgot committing
> one patch. I can still adapt the CVS log message if you want but another
> solution is to grant you write access. Just ask if you want it.

OK, no problem.  Forgetting one patch is a trivial matter.

However, if I can get commit access to the repository, it's good.
I'll keep sending others' contributions to the translation and will
always try to record all the contributors in its commit log, but that
policy will force you to commit many revisions each time.  It'll be
bad...

So, I'd love to apply for my own CVS write access.  How should I do
it?  I've found http://people.debian.org/~joey/misc/webwml.html but it
describes a process around web...

> PS: The mail was fairly large. Are we sure there are no analog modem
> users on this list? (Now we are :-))

Hmm..., sorry.  It seems too large messages do not reach the list,
which is a gentle behaviour to the narrow-band subscribers :-).  If I
can get a CVS commit access, I need not send those messages.  It's
good. :-)

Thanks,

-nori