Re: doc-debian 3.1.3: ready for upload? (was: Re: [...] and FAQ status update too)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 04:13:38PM +0100, Joost van Baal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please check and upload doc-debian 3.1.3 I've just prepared?

Yes. I'm actually thinking on hijacking this package as Josip has not
answered my questions about it for a while. And I did the latest uploads to
it.

> (I've incorporated 9 months of CVS changes to FAQ (commits by Jens
> Seidel, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña and me) and stuff under doc/, and
> did some work on doc/Makefile, see debian/changelog for details.)  Or
> would you prefer me to add my name to Uploaders and do the upload
> myself?

Can you please send me the patches for the doc/Makefile and debian/changelog
in order to checkout your specific changes. That would simplify things a bit
:-)

> BTW, I don't think it is still appropriate for the FAQ to be published
> on ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/ and all it's mirrors...  The Debian
> Debian Installation Guide (and maybe Debian Reference) would be more
> suitable, imho.

Why not? All projects ship the FAQ in their mirrors.

> It'd be nice if the debian/ directory of the FAQ got maintained using
> version control.  Maybe using SVN on alioth?

Better yet to have it in the CVS DDP.

Regards

Javier