doc-debian 3.1.3: ready for upload? (was: Re: [...] and FAQ status update too)

Hi,

Could you please check and upload doc-debian 3.1.3 I've just prepared?
It's available from

 deb[-src] http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/debian sarge doc-debian

.

(I've incorporated 9 months of CVS changes to FAQ (commits by Jens
Seidel, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña and me) and stuff under doc/, and
did some work on doc/Makefile, see debian/changelog for details.)  Or
would you prefer me to add my name to Uploaders and do the upload
myself?

Op zo  1 jan 2006 om 12:59:04 +0100 schreef Joost van Baal:

<snip>
> The only open bugs for the FAQ are http://bugs.debian.org/194308 ("add
> entry about installing testing/unstable pkgs to stable") and #333719
> ("please add entry on non-free documentation").  See
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=faq;users=debian-doc@lists.debian.org
> for an overview.
>
> Unless someone tells me not to, I'll close the "installing
> testing/unstable pkgs" one soonish.

Done.

> I'd like to postpone handling the "non-free documentation" one for a
> while.

Still.

> I might have time to prepare a new Debian package for doc-debian, so
> that the bunch of FAQ commits get distributed.  I'll keep you posted.

So, finally... :)

Here are some other ideas:

BTW, I don't think it is still appropriate for the FAQ to be published
on ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/doc/ and all it's mirrors...  The Debian
Debian Installation Guide (and maybe Debian Reference) would be more
suitable, imho.

I don't think it's still OK for the FAQ to get shipped with the
doc-debian package (which has priority standard).  It could better get
shipped with a new debian-faq package, with a lower priority.  This
would also solve the terrible situation of the master files for the
debian-doc package: they are really all over the place :( .

It'd be nice if the debian/ directory of the FAQ got maintained using
version control.  Maybe using SVN on alioth?

If people feel these ideas are sane, I _might_ have time to do some work
on those.

Bye,

Joost