Re: Debian History

2005/7/28, martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org>:
> also sprach Pierre Riteau <kineox@gmail.com> [2005.07.28.1927 +0200]:
> > But debconf.org says it is the 5th : http://www.debconf.org/debconf5/
>
> Where? It's debconf5, but it's the sixth in the series.
> http://www.debconf.org/debconf4/ announces debconf4 to be the fifth.

Oh, I'm sorry. This might explain the enumeration problem.

2000: July 5.-9. Bordeaux, France
2001: July 2.-5. Bordeaux, France
2002: July 5.-7. Toronto, Canada
DebConf3 - 2003: July 18.-20. Oslo, Norway
DebConf4 - 2004: May 26.-June 2. Porto Alegre, Brazil
DebConf5 - 2005: July 10.-17. Helsinki, Finland

We need to be precise in the text : we are talking about the annual
conference and not about the debconf series.
Why debconf started counting with the second conference ? Is this
because the first one is not referenced on the debian web site ?
(http://www.debian.org/events/)