Simplification of text in Chapter 1 - What's new in the Release Notes

> Please note that previous editions of the release notes contained
> information about upgrading from releases older than than the previous
> release. However such content often complicated the documentation so
> we have decided to only discuss upgrades from Debian GNU/Linux 3.0
> ('woody'). If you need to upgrade from older releases please read
> previous editions of the release notes.

If this passage is needed at all then I suggest this:

The release notes for earlier releases contained information about "skip
upgrades" -- that is, about upgrades from penultimate (or earlier)
releases.  Skip upgrades are not officially supported by Debian and this
process is no longer documented in the release notes.

--
Thomas Hood <jdthood@aglu.demon.nl>