[Please review] release notes: How to upgrade from kernel 2.4 to 2.6

On Sunday 22 May 2005 20:56, Bill Allombert wrote:
> The upgrade reports show that users tend to upgrade the kernel from 2.4
> to 2.6 at the same time they upgrade to sarge, so it could be
> worthwhile to include a note to help them:

I have created a quite extensive section [1] on upgrading to a 2.6 kernel,
including a warning not to do so during the upgrade from woody to sarge.

The section will be included for alpha, i386, ia64, powerpc, sparc, s390.
The subsections on keyboard and mouse config are suppressed for s390.
The para on SATA is only included for i386.

I'd appreciate a review and comments on the text. Please reply to at least
d-doc.

[1]http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/i386/release-notes/ch-information.en.html#s-upgrade-to-2.6

TIA,
Frans Pop