Re: Warning: Some CVS repos are broken (was Re: gluck available again / filesystem shaked)

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 06:24:56PM +0200, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Clean check out of ddp seems to cause no error now.
>
> But still the same error messages occur when I try to do "cvs up" from my
> pre-crash check out.  This happens on en and ja for apt-howto.
>
> So if these new contents are OK, I may have had corrupted file checked
> out, I think.

He, now I have trouble as well:
"cvs up" works likes a charm but the following does not work
apt-howto$ cvs up -r 1.6 apt-howto.ko.sgml
cvs [server aborted]: unexpected '\x0' reading revision number in RCS
file /cvs/debian-doc/ddp/manuals.sgml/apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.sgml,v

So I can verify that there are still problems.

Nevertheless the content of apt-howto.ko.sgml seems to be OK. I compared
revision 1.8 with an older 1.6 version and noticed mainly added "<p>"'s
and only minor string changes.

During my first update after resurrection of CVS I obtained:

CS file: /cvs/debian-doc/ddp/manuals.sgml/apt-howto/apt-howto.en.sgml,v
retrieving revision 1.20
retrieving revision 1.21
Merging differences between 1.20 and 1.21 into apt-howto.en.sgml
apt-howto/apt-howto.en.sgml already contains the differences between 1.20 and 1.21
P apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.sgml
cvs update: checksum failure after patch to apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.sgml; will refetch
U apt-howto/apt-howto.tr.sgml
M developers-reference/Makefile
cvs [server aborted]: unable to parse /cvs/debian-doc/ddp/manuals.sgml/developers-reference/developers-reference.sgml,v; `author' not in the expected place
cvs client: refetching unpatchable files
U apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.sgml

I cannot reproduce the problem with developers-reference.sgml.

Jens