Re: fonts from DocBook XML

Thanx for your reply:

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Pierre Machard wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 12:32:55AM +0200, A.R. (Tom) Peters wrote:
> > I've written a text in DocBook XML, which I process using xsltproc and
> > Norman Walsh's xsl stylesheets, and then fop.  After this step I need some
> > hacking.  The reason is that I use EPS line images, and the PDF that fop
> > generates does not show them.  I follow 2 ways around this, which both
> > have problems:
>
> What do you call EPS line images ?

My text contains line drawings.  These are better kept as EPS images than
as bit images like JPEG.

> [...]
> > Then another problem: I use 2 entities from %isotech;, being ≠
> > (not-equals sign) and − (minus sign).  In all cases they are not
> > rendered and get replaced by a hash '#'.  I suppose I need to use a Symbol
> > font, but at what stage, how, and where?  BTW replacing the entity names
> > by their unicode numbers (™ and &#x2260) does not help.
>
> Simply write it natively in UTF-8. That's how I am dealing with 'oe',
> non-breakable space and euro sign.

Uhm, how do I enter UTF-8 characters?  Do you happen to know the codes for
these two characters?  Mind that I write all my DocBook texts with an
ASCII editor.

> I did not find any alternative way to do that.

So this means that standard DocBook charaxter entities like these are not
actually supported?

--

	Tom Peters