Re: Please check Korean documents (Was: Re: maint-guide update: final confirmation before upload)

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 03:54:52PM +0200, Jens Seidel wrote:
> Hi Yooseong,
>
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 04:11:18PM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 09:07:37AM +0900, Yooseong Yang wrote:
> > > What about APT-HOWTO? I can't read korean neither.
> >
> > This file is bogus and I can't read www.debian.org's version too.
>
> with the help of Joey I was able to fix the configuration of www-master
> and all Korean documents should be OK (cmp.
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2005/03/msg00052.html).
>
> Please verify this for:
> http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/apt-howto.ko.pdf
> http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/maint-guide.ko.pdf
> http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/manuals/project-history/project-history.ko.pdf
> (and .ps version).

Yes, everything's fine. Thanks a lot.

> I would also like to know how to translate remaining English texts such
> as "Chapter" in *.tex files. I tried defining these in source in the
> same way as for Japanese (\def\chaptername{XYZ} or similar) and used
> another macro package from hlatex package (in the documentation I found
> that there seem to be multiple different Korean styles/dialects/...
> which confused me) but nothing worked.

What do you mean by "translate"? Chapter is translated to "Jang" in Korean like:
"Chapter 1" to "1 Jang". "Jang" is just english pronunciation, as you know.
Some efforts to translate this "chapter" to "jang" is tried in KLDP
(Korea Linux Documentation Project http://kldp.org). I'll check it out.
We also should sleep on "Contents".

You don't need to worry about dialects in korean documentation.

> The current solution is not bad but if it can be improved ...

Yeap, you can say that again. I hope documents written in CJK will be
fully parsed with debiandoc-sgml.

> PS: I would like to see more Korean documents in CVS. Fixing build
> errors as shown above is a lot of fun for me.

Not in cvs, you can use my doc-debian-ko package for more test. :>
I also uploaded debiandoc-sgml-doc pacakge in local archive on Debian-KR
server. If you want to see this document, let me give it to you.
If somethign wrong, let me know it. :>

> Jens

Regards,

Yooseong