Re: maint-guide update (chapt 6-9, appendix)
On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 07:11:19PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:44:51AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> > I need critical review again. New maint-guide should show up on the web
> > soon as the *11* January 2005 version at
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
> You know it would of been a good idea to at the very least show the two
> URLs of the "before" and "after" document. A colour-coded diff (ala
> viewcvs and friends) would also of helped.
> I'm not sure which one you are talking about now and it would of been
> nice to see considering how... vocal I am sometimes about the Debian
Sure, here is URL for color diff of SGML
Basically 1.42 was release 1.2.2, HEAD is current maint-guide.sgml
FYI: here is my changelog entry in cvs:
maint-guide (1.2.3) unstable; urgency=low
* NMU, partially blessed by the maintainer.
* Add Korean translation by Yooseong Yang <firstname.lastname@example.org> .
* Fix bashism using /usr/sbin/[ and add gs to control. (closes: #264044)
* Fix Debian Policy chapter for changelog. (all lang.)
(closes: #216405, #243339)
* Fix debian/rules examples. (all lang.) (closes: #244463)
* Convert debian/control to UTF-8 and fix FR. (closes: #283696)
* List <package/xutils/ for all but old ES and RU. (closes: #167395)
* Make script readable for all but old ES and RU. (closes: #285824)
* Expanded Chapter 6 - 9 and added appendix. (No translation) [osamu]
- Updated dupload section and added more examples. (closes: #114948)
- Address issues of Debian native package. (closes: #128077)
- Add reference to buildd and FTBFS in pbuilder. (closes: #138575)
- Point to the autotools-dev documentation. (closes: #159169)
- Make working directory name consistent: ~/gentoo/ . (closes: #174816)
- Fix file location while introducing default.ent. (closes: #203609)
- Mention dh_make -o . (closes: #203685)
- Minor wording polishes and tag updates. (closes: #258273)
- Add mentors-FAQ URL. (closes: #279312)
- Add linda and pbuilder. (closes: #287064)
- Add -sa option, cvs-buildackage etc., dpatch.
- Add Build dep method per virlon's debian-mentor posting.
- Expand section on "Checking the package for errors" and
"New upstream release" based on debian-mentor postings.
- Add appendix to provide more examples.
* Fix typo in Spanish and German. (closes: #225432, #276529)
* Translation updated with CVS
-- Osamu Aoki <email@example.com> Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:51:56 +0100
PS: If you need diff for other format, use version from released package
and DDP web http://www.debian.org/doc/devel-manuals#maint-guide for any
format (text. html,..)