maint-guide update (chapt 6-9, appendix)
- To: Frank Küster <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Joseph Nahmias <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: maint-guide update (chapt 6-9, appendix)
- From: Osamu Aoki <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 01:44:51 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20050111004451.GA16599@aokiconsulting.com>
- Mail-followup-to: Frank Küster <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Joseph Nahmias <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20050102223758.GB22159@aokiconsulting.com>
- References: <20041226131248.GA16071@aokiconsulting.com> <email@example.com> <[🔎] 20050102223758.GB22159@aokiconsulting.com>
I need critical review again. New maint-guide should show up on the web
soon as the *11* January 2005 version at
I am thinking to upload around 23rd based on this version.
Joy or anyone, if you do not like any contents here, please tell me so.
I will accommodate your request.
See more below.
On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:37:58PM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 10:20:42AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Osamu Aoki <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > You can consider adding a link here that refers to the discussion of
> > orig.tar.gz files in the developer's reference, oh, no, it's not yet
> > there (see #278524).
> That was the information I was looking for. For maint-guide, repackage
> issues is best left as remote reference, I think. Initially pointing
> this bug and later pointing Developer reference section.
I decided not to get into complicated issues in this maint-guide :-)
So I will simply wait for the Developer Reference update.
> > Maybe later. This would also provide an explanation
> > for the "Usually" at the beginning of the paragraph above, namely when
> > it should unpack into <packagename>-<upstream-version>.orig/.
> > > The dh_make command usually takes care creation of orig.tar.gz file.
> > I would leave this out here, because we are in the section about
> > updating the package to a new version.
I reorganized and added contents to Chapter 6 - 9 quite a bit.
I also added example as appendix.
These makes document longer: bad
More examples should ease the NM learning curve.: good.
Now there is no excuse not to use pbuilder: good
This should address most of the requests: good
Before correcting my English, please tell me if these additions /
changes / content selections / contents organization are OK. If people
feel too redundant to have example, please tell me so I will remove it.
After we agree on general contents, I am sure my bad English needs