Re: Japanese and Chinese PDF support

Hi,
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 05:31:41AM +0100, Jens Seidel wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 12:51:41AM +0100, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> >
> > Jens,
> >
> > Before propagating our work around, how about creating patch to
> > debiandoc-sgml in which some option will enable reading these external
> > fix command?
>
> Such a bug report on debiandoc-sgml was opened by you long time ago.
> The implementation of such a feature should be really simple but I would
> also like full support of Japanese and Chinese (and Greek, ...) in
> debiandoc-sgml.

It was not easy for me.  If you can, please send patch to the
maintainer.  If he thinks it is affecting many packagers and he has
solution, he will upload it rather quickly.  (I know he is busy these
days and slow on adding features.)  Recently, he fixed indexing bug once
he knoew it was important one without patch from bug submitter.

> Instead of waiting for a new upstream version (which would never enter
> woody which drives www-master!?) I decided to start. That's a good way
> to test our scripts and may people think about support for Asian
> languages.

Sure.  But please do not forget upstream integration.

> By the way: Most Asian PDF documents are now online below
> www.debian.org/doc. No errors occurred up to now.

Good.

> Just for the archive: Compare bugs: #202315, #214249, #202317, #207810
> (tetex-doc).

Osamu