Re: Request of restoration of the DDP CVS at gluck

Hi, soory but let me interrupt.

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:38:01AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following the instructions post-compromise, and even if a bit late, the
> DDP CVS has been checked by different members of the project [1]. The HEAD
> branch has been checked, and the full history of only some of the scripts.
> There's no indication of any suspicious change so I would like to ask, on
> behalf of the DDP team, the restoration of the service. Notice that we
> would just like the CVS restored to its former location, pserver access
> should not be enabled.
>
> Since there is a cron job at klecker which extracts the CVS and runs
> scripts on it (at least 'make publish') we would also like the cron job to
> be reenabled (if it has been stopped).
>
> Notice the DDP data will be moved to Alioth [2] in the short or mid-term
> [3].  So we would also like some input in how does debian-admin that would
> be setup considering that more users than the former 52 will probably have
> access to the DDP and that brings some security concerns [4].
>
> Some ideas have popped up in the mailing list, such as having gluck CVS be
> merged manually by DD from Alioth's, or setting up a Makefile-only CVS at
> gluck that recovers sgml data from Alioth [4]. Having the cronjob at
> klecker run chrooted would be sensible too.
>
> We would need help setting up this transition though, since none of us
> (well, maybe Joy, but he's busy atm) can make those changes at
> gluck/klecker.

I think we still need to close minor details before asking to restore
CVS as is.  Let us agree on a tar ball which will be put onto
cvs.debian.org for DDP.

If possible, I would like to use this opportunity to clean up CVS and do
some reorganization if others agree.

Osamu