Alternative plan for DDP

Hi,

Let me propose following alternative plan.

Basics:
cvs.debian.org: debian-doc/ddp/
 This will contain Makefiles and scripts used to create web pages.
 No SGML/XML will be there.
 DD only has access.

alioth.debian.org ddp/ddp/
 This will have full source including  Makefiles and scripts.
 Minor reorganization of directory names.(*)

joy's (I think) cron script to check out CVS
 Step 1: checkout from alioth.debian.org (source1)
 Step 2: export from cvs.debian.org      (source2)
 Step 3: copy source2 over source1 with cp -af
 Build like he does now using Makefile in parent directory.

Merit:
 Having full source in alioth.debian.org enable anyone to build source
 with minimum efforts.  Also good contributor and DD can use CVS as
 sandbag to polish build script cooperatively.

Demerit:
 Someone has to copy updated script once in a while between trees.
   (I use diff & mc for that.  So not much typing.)
 CVS checkout script needs adjustment.
   (This is given needs anyway for security.)

Way to ask admin:
 I think we need to make completed tar ball ready to be untared.

Directory name:

 I think this is a good time to change directory name to match with the
 web page name and s/manuals.sgml/manuals/.

 I mean directory name matches with name listed in javi's list.
  (Javi's list is duplicated in ddp.alioth.debian.org page)
 Remove totally useless directories.

Question:
 What to do marginal web pages which was not listed in javi's list.

Osamu