Re: blank pages output by debian2...

Bob Bernstein (rs@bernstein.providence.ri.us) wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2004 at 05:33:53AM -0600, Ardo van Rangelrooij wrote:
>

> >> Is there any way to coax debiandoc2pdf (or 2dvi or 2ps or 2latex) to
> >> not insert blank pages, say after the toc, or after a chapter ends?
>
> > Why? What's the problem with that?
>
> Cuz it looks dumb and screws up the page numbering?

According to which 'standard"?  Have you ever seen academic reports?  Have you ever
seen documents produced by LaTeX (or TeX)?  It's very common to have new chapters
and similar document entities start on a new right hand page if printed double-sided.

> Have I stumbled upon an undocumented feature?

That would be a bug in my world, but I don't consider this a bug.  It has been like
this already for years and nobody complaint yet.  You're the first who has an issue
with this.

> > And why haven't you filed a wishlist?
>
> Heavy drinking?

Not gonna go there.

> BUT SERIOUSLY FOLKS, sure, I'll file a wishlist! Point me in the right
> direction and I'll git-'er-done.

You're using Debian and you don't know how to file bug reports and wishlists?
Shame on you.

Thanks,
Ardo
--