Re: Inclusion of recommendations after an upgrade in the Release Notes?

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 03:51:45PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 10:57:28AM +0000, Rob Bradford wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:18:54AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > We added a list of "removed" packages in the previous release notes (how
> > > was it generated?) but I don't believe it mentioned these tips.
> >
> > I attempted to generate that list and included it in an early draft of the
> > release notes, however when I discussed this with some other developers it was
> > decided that it was more useful to provide instructions on finding the obsolete
> > packages on the user's system rather than providing a large and unwieldly list
> > in the release notes.
>
> Understood. Maybe the numbers, howevers, would be appropiate as well as
> tips on how to find why package X is not in the release (maybe pointing to
> ftp.debian.org's BTS entry, the WNPP, etc...)

I do not think we have such an entry for BTS but this is an excellent
idea.  Virtual BTS entry name like "release-sarge" which get tended by
release note maintainer(s) will be nice.  Then we can reference them as:
 http://bugs.debian.org/release-sarge