Re: DDP restoration plan proposal (medium-term move to Alioth)

On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 07:39:25AM +0100, Pierre Machard wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 12:25:56AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> [...]
> > - reenabling the DDP CVS temporarily at gluck while this issue is resolved
> > makes it possible for document authors/translators to update the documents
> > published at the website while we sort the movement out.
>
> I wonder what document you are talking about. A lot of doc hosted
> in ddp are deprecated. Before asking for translators, I think that we
> should review our archive to check what document is interesting, what
> document is not (to deprecated, work never finished)

_All_ documents are published under www.debian.org/doc/manuals/. Please
list those documents you believe are deprecated, and should be worked on.
Maybe a call for help should be posted at devel-announce. FWIW, I believe
the following documents _not_ to be deprecated/obsolete, they might need
to be updated, but there is a lot of valid content there:

- The Debian GNU/Linux FAQ (debian-faq)
- Debian Reference (debian-reference)
- APT Howto (apt-howto)
- User's Guide (users-guide)
- Euro support in Debian GNU/Linux (debian-euro-support)
- Debian GNU/Linux and Java FAQ (debian-java-faq)
- Securing Debian Manual (securing-debian-howto)
- Introduction to i18n (intro-i18n)
- Debian Project History (project-history)
- SGML/XML HOWTO (sgml-howto)

BTW, the list of out of date documents is available at
http://www.debian.org/doc/ddp#other

I update, from time to time, at least 4 documents of that list.

Notwithstanding this, feel free to write a README.translators describing
all the documents status as well as the priority that translators should
work on first.

Regards

Javi