Re: DebianDoc-SGML outstanding issues

Adam DiCarlo (adam@onshored.com) wrote:
> Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:
>
> >  3. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=14923
> >     new <ref> tag for cross references
> >
> >     This also came from the begin period of the DDP and is still very
> >     applicable in its concept.  We really needd support in Debian for
> >     a kind of document catalog system.  See the bug report for all the
> >     details.
> >
> >     Proposal = reassign to e.g. doc-base
>
> That's fine with me.  Retitle it "debian doc URN scheme".

Will do.  Thanks.

> > I'm slowly working on a reorg/rewrite of the manual.
> >
> > Finally, there's also the Brazilian translation of the DebianDoc-SGML
> > manual (package = debiandoc-sgml-doc-pt-br).  Upon my reorg/rewrite of
> > the original the translation will be out-of-date.  I will upload a
> > version to keep the package itself in sync with debiandoc-sgml-doc
> > (packaging wise, that is).  What do we do with this one?  Put it in
> > the DDP CVS and call for more translation (after the upcoming
> > reorg/rewrite)?
>
> Might I suggest that you perhaps put the debiandoc-sgml manual in DDP
> cvs area.  You would still be in charge of packaging, and our
> infrastructure/contributors can take care of translation?

Good idea.  I'll do that after the reorg (which I plan for the next couple
of weeks).

> But I'm not really aware of what other issues there may be or if the
> the build of the manual relies on the source ...

Well, at some point (e.g. when we have a <table>) that might become an issue,
but other manuals could have the same problem.  Maybe we should get a chroot
sid environment for building manuals at some point.

Thanks,
Ardo
--
Ardo van Rangelrooij