Re: DebianDoc-SGML outstanding issues

Ardo van Rangelrooij <ardo@debian.org> writes:

>  3. http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=14923
>     new <ref> tag for cross references
>
>     This also came from the begin period of the DDP and is still very
>     applicable in its concept.  We really needd support in Debian for
>     a kind of document catalog system.  See the bug report for all the
>     details.
>
>     Proposal = reassign to e.g. doc-base

That's fine with me.  Retitle it "debian doc URN scheme".

> I'm slowly working on a reorg/rewrite of the manual.
>
> Finally, there's also the Brazilian translation of the DebianDoc-SGML
> manual (package = debiandoc-sgml-doc-pt-br).  Upon my reorg/rewrite of
> the original the translation will be out-of-date.  I will upload a
> version to keep the package itself in sync with debiandoc-sgml-doc
> (packaging wise, that is).  What do we do with this one?  Put it in
> the DDP CVS and call for more translation (after the upcoming
> reorg/rewrite)?

Might I suggest that you perhaps put the debiandoc-sgml manual in DDP
cvs area.  You would still be in charge of packaging, and our
infrastructure/contributors can take care of translation?

But I'm not really aware of what other issues there may be or if the
the build of the manual relies on the source ...

--
...Adam Di Carlo...<adam@onshored.com>.......<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>