Re: XML Catalogs status ? (Was: Re: OASIS Membership[...])

Quoting Pierre Machard <pmachard@tuxfamily.org>:

> What is the current status of XML catalogs?

Pierre (and others),

Below is the message I just sent to debian-devel, but forgot to cross-post to
debian-sgml & debian-doc. I hope it addresses your questions.

Cheers,
Mark
-================================================================-

Quoting Jochen Voss <jvoss2@web.de>:

 > On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:13:18PM -0400, mark@dulug.duke.edu wrote:
 > > Also, the Debian implementation of XML
 > > catalogs will very likely be included as one example in the OASIS
 > > implementation guide for XML Catalogs. So we _are_ making a difference.
 >
 > This is interesting.  But is there actually such a thing like a
 > "Debian implementation of XML catalogs".  I was under the impression
 > that packages like docbook-xml[1] and scrollkeeper[2] prefer to not
 > register their xml files at the moment and that there are currently
 > no working xml catalogs on Debian systems.

 You're quite right. Ardo & I (with helpful input from Adam DiCarlo) have been
 working on the policy and the infrastructure packages for the last few months.

 I have the first policy draft complete, but due to the fact that I'm in the
 process of relocating and job-hunting (and am using someone else's floppy-free
 Mac to do webmail) I don't presently have the time or the means to check-in or
 upload any files.

 Early next week Ardo & I should have both of our relative stuff ready and
 uploaded. At that time I'll post an announcement to debian-devel.

 Cheers,
 Mark