Re: a question of licensing

Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 04:34:18PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> Not official yet, but...
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200304/msg00246.html
>> Regarding invariant sections, see #1 in the solutions of that statement.
>
> This was very useful, thanks! In the mean time are the only "approved"
> licenses those listed in the Debian Social Contract?
> 	http://www.debian.org/social_contract
> 	BSD, Artistic, GPL

No, those are just the most common.  Also acceptable are the LGPL, the
MIT license, the Mozilla Public License, public domain, and others.

> I definitely like the language of the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike license.
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/

I'm not familiar with it.  If you are unsure of the free-ness of a
license, ask on debian-legal for someone to review it.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.