Re: Introduction to Debian flyer

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

> You could add the german translation [2] I just made. I didn't created
> a pdf, and so don't know, if the Layout looks as fine as the original
> one does, because I did this at work, and didn't had the tools to test
> it.
>
> I made no big changes, but exchanged the CD Vendors, and added the
> -user-german list and the #debian.de channel.
>
> [2] http://www.schmehl.info/linux/debian/flyer-2/debianintro.de.xml

I think it is going to have problems.  For one thing my stylesheet is
designed for US Letter size while Europe uses A4.  (Atleast Uk did.  I'm
assuming Germany is the same.)  The biggest problem I had in making this
was trying to cram everything into exactly two pages.  Another language is
going to have different sized words and break the layout.  IMO It would be
wiser if you used my flyer only as a template and made your own one
hand-tuned for German.  There are also some places in the stylesheet that
need to be localized.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>