Re: another doc that should be integrated in ddp: libpkg-guide

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 04:42:04PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> > > It was supposed to become the other, missing half of the New Maintainers'
> > > Guide, I guess. :)
> >
> > I think this issue is up to the maintainers of the two documents...  I
> > only restate this again because i had the author's email wrong, d'oh.
>
> My preference is to write DocBook format text, and thus I have
> the text in DocBook format.
>
> I seem to remember that DDP used to say that all documentation in DDP
> should be in DebianDoc format, and I never got around to doing that,
> because the document needed to change from time to time, and
> changing the format of text is often very unexciting task.
>
> I would like the text to be integrated in some documentation (which
> requires some work in making the text to suit the format),
> or added into developers-reference package in the independent
> form (in a different format to the developers-reference.sgml)
> as it is.

As Osamu noticed, the library packaging guide needs tables which don't exist
in DebianDoc SGML. I'm quite open to switching the rest of the new
maintainers' guide to a more advanced format if it's going to help
making the document content better.

Besides, that DDP policy is outdated, we've all realized in the meantime how
DebianDoc SGML is not the holy cow it was supposed to be...

Note that both one of the user guides and the SGML HOWTO, which are in DDP,
are written using some other DTD, and I believe they get generated just
fine so there's no problem in switching.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.