where to integrate the library packaging guide

On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 03:37:47PM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Are we in fact debating here whether to put the packaging guide in the
> new maintainers guide vs. the developer's reference?  Because i
> haven't formed an opinion on that.

I thought it was guide-style, hence not material for the developer's
reference. I admit I haven't read it, as there was no pressing need
(my own library packages appear to work fine in principle :).

> I guess the question is, will the packaging guide go into the new
> maintainer guide (as originally planned), into the developer's reference,
> or elsewhere.
>
> I don't mind if it goes into the new maintainer's guide...

I'd only put it in the Reference if it's meant to be unofficially normative,
i.e. if it describes the necessary procedures in the same style DDR uses.

If it's meant to be a guide oriented towards newer maintainers, one that
doesn't have any intentions of being normative, then I'd put it in the NMG.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.