Re: cvs commit to ddp/manuals.sgml/securing-howto by jfs

On Tue, Sep 03, 2002 at 08:05:45PM -0700, Chris Tillman wrote:
> Would you guys like to split the other two thirds? I ended up at
> the beginning of <sect id="kernel-patch">, and the two-thirds point
> would be about <sect id="vpn">. I did check my changes in.
>
> To get started, select the download link from
>
> http://cvs.debian.org/ddp/manuals.sgml/securing-howto/securing-debian-howto.sgml?rev=1.66&cvsroot=debian-doc&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
>
> That should get you a copy of the current version of the sgml source.

I finished making edits to the last third of the securing-howto, from
section "vpn" (line #6161) to the end.  I fixed as many FIXMEs as I
could, added and checked URLs, added <prgn> tags where needed, did
general editing, cleaned up whitespace, spell-checking, etc.

> diff -u securing-debian-howto.sgml.orig securing-debian-howto.sgml >
> securing-debian.patch

> You can name the patch whatever you want, but then attach it to an email
> and send it to the list; either Javi or someone else can then apply
> it.

Then I created the patch using diff as suggested by Chris.  However,
the patch is 208 Kb, and I didn't want to mail such a large attachment
to a public mailing list.  Should I mail it to the maintainer
directly?

--
Larry Holish
<ljholish@speakeasy.net>